Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using two transmitters in one base?

Sacco_Belmonte

So long as you let each Transmitter Pair to the same base, one after the next, the auto channel select routine should choose the same Channel amongst the 14 available to the G10 (in the then current RF environment).

When I had two G10 base units, I enjoyed using the same G10 Transmitter paired to each base on the same channel to accomplish a wireless Y signal routing.

Once you pair the G10 Transmitter with the base unit, pressing the micro switch at the base of the 1/4" Shaft while holding the Transmitter in your hand will cause the base unit to display a solid white light (rather than the pulsing white light). With two transmitters on the same channel, each would cause the Base's light to go solid when the Transmitter's microswitch was pressed.

I would venture a guess that the same may be true when multiple Transmitters were paired to a single base all using the same channel.

If you do get a second G10 Transmitter, post your findings for all to share in the learing.

Did you try already?

When I did have two G10 Transmitters, I never actually had both G10 Transmitters transmitting simultaneously to one Base Receiver. Nonetheless, after one of the base receiver's USB jack broke (and before returning it to Line 6), I do remember having both Transmitters Paired to the single Base. I know they were both on the same channel, as I could grab either Transmitter (and without reseating it into the base) use it in any guitar. To reiterate, I just never had both Transmitters send a signal to the single base receiver at the same time. Doing so should not confuse the Base receiver's signal capture nor D/A converter, but the proof would be in trying it. If I still had the second G10 Transmitter I'd be glad to give it a try for you. Otherwise, perhaps another G10 owner may have two transmitters, or someone at Line 6 can test it for us, or I'll try it if I get a chance at the NAMM Show in 2 wks. If you buy from one of Line 6's vendors that provide a satisfaction trial period (Guitar Center, Sweetwater, etc.) you should be good to return it if it doesn't play out. Hope this helps....

• 1 year later...

I purchased a 2nd transmitter with the intention of having them both plugged into the two guitars I gig with, and the receiver base on my pedal board. Currently, I unplug the transmitter from one guitar and plug it into the other. I wanted to avoid this step and just switch guitars. I just tried it now, pairing each transmitter in the base. I could not get them to work together. The one that was paired last, works when plugged into the guitar, but when I plug the other one in, it does not "talk" to the base. If I put that one into the base, it will work but not the first one.

MusicLaw, you mentioned that you did get this to work for you...was there some procedure you did to activate this, or am I missing something? I would love to know before I take it back to the store.

Thanks!

J.