Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Hd500x USB connection

axe1b

Hey I recently sold my Pod hd500x but the buyer has contacted me regarding not being able to be able to connect to a computer via usb. I mailed it to him with all original cables. the unit is in like new new condition and I never had a problem connecting. as of now he cannot do a factory reset or download drivers let alone use hd edit. I packaged it and mailed better than how I received it but apparently perhaps the usb connection was damaged internally in transit(?) is this common? Any recomendations? Help?! 

Thanks

I doubt that you have any responsibility here. It's not uncommon for new users to have USB issues, and it usually boils down to their computer environment. If your USB connection was working fine there's no reason for that to be affected by proper packaging and transit of the device with the same cables.

My advice is to tell the new user to open a Line 6 account which will give him posting privileges in this forum. Then he can ask the questions directly here without going through you. We will help him resolve the issues.

One thing you could suggest to him immediately is that he use a USB port on the rear panel of his computer, not the front panel. The front ports often use an internal hub and USB hubs are not recommended.

Thanks for the reply. He has apparently been going back and forth with L6 customer support about this. I owned it for a year and a half to two years so I don't believe it's under warranty anymore. He said a local repair shop is charging him $150 and even though they haven't looked at it yet, they're convinced it's an internal issue... I'll try and see if he has a profile here yet... thanks again