Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best way to hook up XT pro as a live rig?

Has anyone used an XT pro as a live rig?

I have a Rocktron velocity 100 and wanted to try and run the XT pro into the power amp then into a full stack.

WHat would be the best way to run it? like what outputs from the XTpro and then what settings on the amp would get it to have the most realistic sound?

Ive tried it a few times a few different ways and i always had issues with the cab simulator 

The cabs are Marshall 1960s with G12T-75s 

• 2 weeks later...

I've not had the chance to really use mine in a live setting much (only once at this point) but - when I did - I used a Fender DRRI with the bass and treble both on 5 and used the POD-XT to set my amp levels, actually (at least, that's how I read somewhere is the best way to do it).  Of course, my unit also has the bass expansion pack but I've never seen a reason to use it but I still keep it.

I usually just run mine like this: 

Guitar -> POD-XT Live -> DRRI.  

Yeah i think if i were to use an XTlive ide do it threw the headphones out of the live to the "line in or CD/MP3 in" on the amp. Or even the Left-Right output on the back.

The problem is, i was wondering about the XT Pro, the red 2 rack unit. That things has a crap ton of outputs and im kinda confused which to use that has the best amplitude out for a power amp like you would use in a DJ rack or like running from a mixing console type of power amp.

I used a XTL into a Power Engine 60 for years. Always sounds great and the amp has an XLR for going to board if needs be. For the Pro I have ran it through a R-Tron Velocity 120 into a stereo 2x12. Running Studio Direct btw.

I would not go headphones out as there is no point - read the manual and you will see the amount of options. Going to an amp my preference is to go into the FX Loop.