Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression pedal for Helix Native?

andrewljacob

I'm on the fence about picking up a physical Helix and waiting for Helix Native to come out.  I'm probably going to be doing 100% recording with a Helix product and in that sense am wondering if the physical Helix will essentially be a $2000 expression pedal for what I'm doing.  

I know Helix Native isn't yet released which may make this question silly, but with a PreSonus FireStudio Mobile interface, could some sort of expression pedal likely be used to control Helix Native?  I'm not really familiar with using expression pedals for computer-based recording.  My DAW is Logic Pro X.

Thanks very much!

I am in the same boat as you - except I have the added issue of having a variax so am wondering what I will do.  Don't gig - do most of my guitar processing AFTER tracking.  Will be interested to see what my options are.

• 2 months later...

I'll add my 2¢ and concur with you guys. Expression pedal functionality with the helix native is a must-have for me as I don't plan on buying the floor or rack model. Surely Line 6 will offer a solution?

Right now, for expression control, there are 16 automation lanes in Native. So if you had a MIDI expression pedal or a way to convert the output of an expression pedal to MIDI (such as through the Command Center in the Helix), you could set up an expression pedal that way.

• Upvote 1