Sign in to follow this  
iamjethro

New user with questions

I recently purchased my first Line 6 product.  Is there a way to access the 300 or so presets without a foot board?

Thanks

The manual will be your best buddy to help you learn all the features the Spider Series has to offer. I would imagine that if it has 300 presets there is a way to get there from the front end of the amp.

I have the spider IV 75.  I found the other presets by messing with knobs..   Thanks.

I have another thread started with questions about foot controllers.

Quick question. I have a Spider IV 75 watt. I can play for maybe 15 to 30 seconds then the LCD screen displays the manual knob settings: dr bs md tr vo r. This is when I lose sound. I can turn to another preset and sound comes back for about another 30 seconds. Any ideas?

This could be 'loose knob' issue.   Back all the controls except the master volume to 0, then select your preset.  See if the problem still happens.  If the problem goes away, then you need to figure out which knob(s) are causing the problem, with one at a time, turn them half way, select a preset and see if anything happens.  Once you find out which knob is the issue, you can place a small rubber o-ring on the shaft behind the knob which will make the knob harder to turn.

If the problem still happens, then try a factory reset next - if you have any saved patches, back them up to your computer first (you need an FBV Mk II foot pedal for that).   Hold the 'A' button in while turning on the power, keep it held in for about 5 seconds.  This will change all the patches back to the factory settings.  

If the problem still happens, the amp will need to go to a factory service center for evaluation.