Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Farm 2 - still a truly dreadful computer 'interface'

I'm certain I can't be the only one to complain about what's laughably called 'an interface' for the POD Farm 2. I've owned a UX2 for more than 10 years and I still get it out occasionally to see if there's been any change to the truly awful computer interface. I'm speaking about on a Mac, I've no idea if it's any different/better on Windows (and I'm not interested).

In the time I've owned the UX2 I've owned several Macs, currently I'm on an Air using Sierra hooked up to 20" external screen. Not that it makes the experience of the Farm interface any different or more pleasurable. Was it designed by someone who liked games and worked on an Atari or Amstrad from 1990? Really dark, no proper text anti-aliasing, obscure menuing system.

And all that in a non-resizable window of approx 800 x 600 pixels? Where have the software 'designers' been for the past 10 years! Or have I missed something? See attached actual screenshot. It's even darker than some clubs I've worked in! And no, turning up the screen brightness is NOT the answer!

I love the effects and facilities but it's just too much hard work getting there, it really interferes with the music creating process. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was from day one, but I've persevered thinking it might get better.

Sadly not it seems...

Mind you the hardware works great with everything else - GarageBand, Scuffham, etc etc....

post-1070394-0-17580400-1492090975_thumb.jpg

Well, my Windows version is a bit brighter. :rolleyes:   It's been a very long time since PodFarm was updated at all.  We have speculated that they were working on a PF 3 - prior to Line 6 getting bought by Yamaha, but it's been a while now.  The fact that they introduced new modeling with the Amplifi and now Spider 5, and have yet to update PF ... strange business plan.

• Upvote 1

I think the recent announcement of Helix Native shows that Line 6 has shifted its efforts in terms of computer based DSP and plugins for studio recording. Only my opinion but I doubt that we'll see future Pod Farm updates.

• Upvote 1