Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there an amp that works well with the T-75s?

357mag

I have never been able to make the T-75 sound good. And isn't that what Yngwie uses? And I love him. But they sound almost too clear and clean and they don't want to break up very easy.

So if anybody has any tips to make them give an nice high gain tone that works well for hard and heavy stuff please post.

I've used mostly Marshalls in my experiments so far.

I love the t-75s cab models. To me they sound big and less muddy than some of the other ones, at least with a Marshall. This is my main patch gains.

Overdrive Pedal (drive to taste usually pretty low, output nearly all the way up) -> Marshall Plexi Normal (Drive to taste for me 50 to 75 % up, DEP Master about 4) -> T75 cab with the default mic. My guitar is Variax 89f mainly using the mag pickups, so pretty high output pickups.

did you mean: amp dep master volume at about 4% ???? :o ..ie less than 1 on a scale of 10?

I mean about 4 if it was 1-10 scale like most amps are. I set my masters low because that is how I used to using real amps. On real amp unless unless in the studio I never get to turn them up very high.

I thought we were talking only about the POD (with values expressed in percentages) and not a real amp, that's why I asked..

however, IMHO cutting down the master volume parameter on the non master volume amps (like the plexi), is like cutting some of their juice and dynamics

The Plexi is one of my faves to really crank. It sounds great through a real amp with T-75s too.

• Upvote 1

don't think so.. ;)

the Park 75 is such a beautiful model that sound very well on its own without much user tweakings IMO..

surely is not one of the models more difficult to dial in well

I know Nico, but one doesn't use the 75s and expect early breakup either. Still a good YGM tutorial. \m/

I thought we were talking only about the POD (with values expressed in percentages) and not a real amp, that's why I asked..

however, IMHO cutting down the master volume parameter on the non master volume amps (like the plexi), is like cutting some of their juice and dynamics,.. I would rather cut some pre-amp gain than the power-amp master volume

Yea, sorry I was not real clear on that since I had used % before and POD does use them. I didn't necessarily mean to 4 as it was Marshall just in general in lot amp knobs.

Perhaps using with Master full up is more normal to the real Plexi. I originally setup this patch using the Plexi Pre connected to my DT25 amp. I can't crank that amp most of the time, it would be too loud, so not much power amp distortion. So I copied the patch over for when using Headphones, recording etc... With the DEP Master all the way, it distorts too much, turning down the preamp gain changes the tone a bit much for my taste. 

I agree, but that is actually a side effect of the default input settings..

that's why I use the single input approach in most cases, which solves the above issue even better IMO

I actually use the single input setting as well. The over amount of gain largely comes from the way I set the patch up to going over L6 link to the DT. Lot of overdrive going into the Plexi. The non-DT patch is just a quick and dirty get me my tone without the DT for practice or recording. Not saying it's be best but I like it. 

I thought he also used the G12 30 watters. Those should break up.

G12T-75s IMO are supposed to stay on the clean side while getting very loud.

Well maybe the heck with the T-75s. The G12 must be the Blackback speakers. I've never really liked those a lot. They have a very different tone. My favorite sounding speaker is the Greenbacks, but at times they are too distorted or too unclear. But their basic tone I love.