Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Shy quastion for subforum/threads in other languages

mikisb

Hi,

while my english hopefully is'nt to bad, i admit to have a problem:

Still in my mother language german it is'nt always easy to find desired hints and informations in the huge amount of posts and topics, so it's still more difficult for me in a foreign language.

So would it be allowed to have threads in other languages (of course not only german)?

I know that a lot of questions will be postet more than once this way, same for the answers. But i  think, better an answer twice than just once while 80% of the world does'nt understand it ;)

The only reason there aren't many threads in other languages is that no one is starting threads in other languages. I don't know how much activity it would see but there's nothing that I'm aware of stopping anyone from doing it. For what it's worth, your English is much better than my German 😄

....., your English is much better than my German

perhaps it seems like this thanks to online dictionaries :D and the possibility to describe in another way when i don't know the right expression.

But imagine to search for a certain information in this huge forum when you have to google 2 words of ten :o

Seriously, even in german forums, i cannot read every post in an interesting thread, i'm still not retired ;). So i fly with my eyes through the pages and am still able to find what i'm lookong for. In english or french: No chance :wacko:

I think to remember a post where was said only to post in english to avoid multiple threads for the same topic. Therefore my question 'cause i'm not even shure if it was here at Line6

I think to remember a post where was said only to post in english to avoid multiple threads for the same topic. Therefore my question 'cause i'm not even shure if it was here at Line6

I don't recall seeing that here. I have seen many posts in languages other than English. Sometimes they are answered in the same language, sometimes answered in English, and sometimes translated to and then answered in English. Unfortunately sometimes they are not answered at all if the original language is unfamiliar to the vast majority of users here.

I think people in general find it easier to understand a written response in a foreign language (often an online translator is available) than to write their question in the foreign language. So I would encourage you to post in German and then translate the English response if it doesn't come back to you in German.

I know this doesn't address your real desire to have multiple versions of this forum in many global languages, with the English forum somehow translated and mirrored in each of those languages, but that's just not going to happen. And that's true of the Internet in general, not just this Line 6 forum.