Sign in to follow this  
Jp008

What on Earth is an "Otto" Filter ?

So.. I've owned this Line 6 ToneCore "Otto Filter" module for years now, but have never known what the heck an "Otto" is. Was this filter module based on some type of an obscure device ? Or was it some old guy named Otto ? hahah

Totally lost..

http://line6.com/tonecore/ottofilter.html/

Auto-wah.... Otto-wah. :0

Brilliant ! Is it really just a play on words and not based on some old device ? Wow.. totally had me fooled. I thought it might have something to do with those ridiculously overpriced "Bim Oto machines".. or something. After an extensive search, those were the only devices I could find online with a similar name and relating to audio.

Brilliant ! Is it really just a play on words and not based on some old device ? Wow.. totally had me fooled. I thought it might have something to do with those ridiculously overpriced "Bim Oto machines".. or something. After an extensive search, those were the only devices I could find online with a similar name and relating to audio.

Who knows? Those L6 guys probably got a lil barmy in their labs. :)

• Upvote 1

Who knows? Those L6 guys probably got a lil barmy in their labs. :)

It really does sound like an old name though, so that's what I've always assumed. You know, like Mu-Tron or whatever.. :lol:

• Upvote 1