Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Microswitch issue

bluedraggy

I've had my G10 for a few months now but have been having a problem with the little switch on the base of the transmitter jack.  I play with a Squier jazz-style bass and the input is flat against the face of the bass. Anyway, when I first got the G10, I noticed that when I plug it in facing downwards (sort of the expected and default rotation) it did not trigger the microswitch. However, if I turn it 90 deg. any direction it does.

That worked fine for me for quite a while - till I started hopping about the stage. So it sounds like the input hole is just a LITTLE too shallow to trigger the microswitch reliably. Caused a couple dropouts last gig - fixed by rotating.

I'm thinking maybe just taping it up to essentially defeat the microswitch to always-on state, but I wondered if there might be any other suggestions.  Another idea I had - though I'm not 100% sure this would work - would be to add a small spacer washer to my jack, hopefully deepening the hole enough for it not to be a problem.

Looking for thoughts on best solution to this.  (New account here so I'll have to await a mod to approve this. But hey! I do currently have the highest rated positive review on the G10 at Guitar Center! Woohoo! I'm special!)

I would open the guitar's jack plate to rotate the interior nut one full revolution, such that the threaded neck of the jack extends outward by one thread width further from the guitar. This may be just enough to assure that the G10 Transmitter's microswitch will be fully depressed regardless of the 360 position of how the G10 may sit in the jack. If necessary, go two threads width of extension from the body.

Personally, I would not go the route of taping the microswitch down, as I would be concerned over time with any accumulation of adhesive, from repeatedly doing so, even from high quality Gaffers Tape.