Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport UX1 with ext stompboxes and headphones

Hi all,

I hope to find an answer to a question I have for a long time now.

So, I am not willing to give up on my stomp-boxes and yet, at times I am forced to practice at night and yes this means a tube amp is too loud and I need headphones.

Someone told me i could get a fair quality by using an external device such as the TonePort UX1 ore focusrite scralett solo and the bigger versions.

Please did anyone try the following signal path:

Guitar -> Pedals (overdrive, distortion, modulation , delay etc ... from various producers) -> LINE 6 TONEPORT UX1 (without pc software editing tops cab simulation) -> headphones out?

IS THIS POSSIBLE?

WHAT IS THE SOUND QUALITY?

CAN I RECORD LIKE THAT?

So...thanks in advance.

Dan

Yes you can put pedals in front of the UX just like you would a guitar amp, however, there is no effects loop option.

Not sure what you mean by (without pc software editing tops cab simulation)  but the amp sims are pretty good and yes you can monitor with headphones and record via USB to your DAW.

Yes you can put pedals in front of the UX just like you would a guitar amp, however, there is no effects loop option.

Not sure what you mean by (without pc software editing tops cab simulation)  but the amp sims are pretty good and yes you can monitor with headphones and record via USB to your DAW.

Thanks for the answer!!

In case you tried it with pedals, how is the sound quality?

Thanks