Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can the looper record USB audio?

StruckingFuggle

Given that helix can be used as a USB sound card, can the looper record audio from USB?

I thought I might make use of the 1/2 speed function, and slow down some parts I'm trying to learn, but I can't get the looper to record anything but the guitar input.

I'm playing YouTube videos on my Mac and using helix as the audio output. Can the looper catch the USB audio? I can't figure out how to do it.

Yes you can use the Looper to record from USB, but you need an application, on the host, to route the output to USB 3/4, or 5/6, or 7/8. This is because the USB 1/2 are hardcoded to be routed after the Helix DSP, so you can't process those channels inside a patch, just after.

I can do that settings the USB 3/4 channels, as input on the Helix patch, just before the Looper, and then using AUM (Audio Mixer) for iOS to load the audio sample and route the output to 3 and 4.

In your case, I guess you can just route to 3/4 in the MacOs audio device preferences.