Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual amps- dirty and clean blend

steelstringer

Has anyone experimented with blending a clean amp (I used the Jazz model w/slight chorus) with a crunch tone (I used the Park bright channel model). I'm going direct to a mixer with powered speakers, btw (no guitar amp). I've been blending similar sounding amps for a while, but this was my first attempt at a clean/dirty mix. I have to say that it sounds surprisingly nice. I'm getting the nice midrange crunch with a shimmering high end. It's really interesting, and more importantly, seems to really cut through a mix. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this or has other amps that mix together nicely.

I do this all the time! I live having some delays and mods on the clean side that spill over while keeping things tight on the driven side. I'll have to look and see a few of my fav combos.. also, if you use stereo paths for dual driven sounds, if you dont use to much dsp you can have a 3rd path just clean signal.. add a can or ir or some effects there too..