Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Known Bugs

Patrick29

I read somewhere that there are some known bugs... What are they?

I'm running Native as a VST 2, in Reason 9.5. Everything works fine, no latency, etc... But I can't use the drop-down menu to change to a different set-list folder. It shows up really fast then disappears. There's another menu on the upper right corner that does the same thing, but everything else runs fine.

I can import/export bundles, import set-lists, etc... I just can't select anything other than "Factory 1"

I un-installed and re-installed several times, but no change in behavior.

My rig...

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i7 6700K, 4.00 Ghz

64GB RAM, DDR4

Invidia GeForce GTX 1070, Dual 24" Monitors

M.2 Drives SSD

Water Cooled

Focusrite Saffire PRO 24

KRK Monitors

But I can't use the drop-down menu to change to a different set-list folder. It shows up really fast then disappears. There's another menu on the upper right corner that does the same thing, but everything else runs fine.

That's a Reason problem.  Select "VST windows get keyboard focus" from the options menu in Reason

Something I noticed today: try dragging impulses or presets from Helix Edit to Native. It imports it just fine, but Native re-orders the presets/impulses alphabetically.

This is a big pain in the a$$, since I mark my presets in the Studio One track names. Like HLX_U1_07A. Of course a simple work arround is to either name them differently (put a 03. 04. 05. etc in front), drag & drop them 1 by 1.. 

Maybe this problem is also solved by just using export/import via file, but didnt test it.

That's a Reason problem.  Select "VST windows get keyboard focus" from the options menu in Reason

OMG!!! I'm in love... You, sir, are awesome!

After lots of digging around last night, I fell asleep reading about it, I had concluded that it was definitely a Reason 9.5 problem. Since VST's are new in Reason, there are a few minor bugs, but it's pretty awesome nonetheless.

I did find a work-around using the scroll wheel, but you've provided by with a concrete solution for this glitch.

Over my lunch break today, I had a screen sharing recording session with a buddy of mine in Hollywood, CA (I live in Texas). The session was awesome, and I was able to use Helix Native instead of my floor unit. I used addictive drums to lay down a drum track in a separate VST window. I'm freak'n stoked... This is a game changer!

• 2 weeks later...