Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Single Snapshots on Stomp Page (MIDI CC69 Hack)

derboesebernd

Groups of 4 snapshots can be on the upper row, lower row or both rows of Preset mode. Stomp mode is reserved for stomps.

You can, however, use a short MIDI cable to send Helix itself a MIDI CC69 message from stomp mode to select a specific snapshot or even toggle between two snapshots. This is considered a power user hack, tho'.

EDIT: If you try this, make sure Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo > MIDI Thru is turned off! Otherwise, you'll get a MIDI feedback loop.

hi,

I´d love this idea, but when I try it on my Helix Rack, the unit freezes. It accepts no command from my Helix-Control until I pull the MIDI cabel out again. Yes, I have MIDI Thru turned off! Tryed it on both FW 2.10 and FW 2.21. Should I get one of these:

http://miditech.de/en-248-produkte-midithru

to make it work?

You might be sending other MIDI commands that your Helix is reacting to.  I would bet that you have the MIDI PC Send Receive turned on.  You might be sending a PC message which triggers your Helix reload the preset, triggering another PC message and so on.  If you have a PC with a MIDI interface, MIDI-OX is a good freeware program so you can monitor exactly what the Helix is sending via MIDI out.

You might be sending other MIDI commands that your Helix is reacting to.  I would bet that you have the MIDI PC Send Receive turned on.  You might be sending a PC message which triggers your Helix reload the preset, triggering another PC message and so on.  If you have a PC with a MIDI interface, MIDI-OX is a good freeware program so you can monitor exactly what the Helix is sending via MIDI out.

ok, thanks i´ll check this.

ok, thanks i´ll check this.

So I have tried it with "MIDI PC Send and Receive" both turned off. no luck!

immediately when I hit the switch that I´ve assigned to MIDI CC69, the helix

goes nuts! With a MIDI-Monitor App. connectet with the Helix-USB to

my MacBook I can see that the Helix ist sending the MIDI CC69 command

over and over without stop. Only when I pull the MIDI-Cable it stops.

Is it possible that this behavior is a bug only in Helix Rack / Helix Control?

Some members here do use this Trick. But could it be that they all have only

the Helix Floor Model?

Very sad would be a very helpfull function for me....

Ok great, that is very helpful information - the Helix is sending a CC69 in response to a CC69.  This isn't a PC issue then.  First, I would check one more time to make sure that MIDI thru is OFF, but I believe you when you say it is off.

Then I would check your Instant access slots in Command Center.  They can be configured to send a midi message each time you change the snapshot.  You might have set one of these to send a MIDI CC69 message when you were trying to get this to work, and forgotten to remove it.

You might also try setting this up on a fresh preset.  If it works right there, you know you've got something in the preset you are working on that is sending a CC69 in response to a snapshot change.

• Upvote 1