Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix external foot switch

stevecalderoni

Is there a way to configure an external foot switch to turn effects on and off? I have a Boss A/B switch that I was thinking I could connect to the external EXP 2 and then use those two switches to toggle an effect on and off instead of having two presets with the only difference being a flanger. Is that possible?

A typical N/O or N/C switch won't work, but you could do what you want with an "expression switch" like this: http://www.nosepedal.com/store/nose-handyman-switch

You could plug that switch into the EXP2 jack and you could use the auto-engage feature to control the bypass state of what block(s) you wanted.

• Downvote 1

Love those Nose Pedal deals. Great idea!

I did find two ways that work for me. So to benefit others:

1) In the global settings you can change the foot switch to preset/stomp which makes it so the top row are presets and the bottom row are stomps. This gets me close as there are 6 effects I want in a secondary chain to work with. I at least get 4. 

2) The Tech 21 Midi Moose. Has 8 latch style switches and is midi so I can assign the bypass to each via midi cc. I ordered this and will do option 1 until it arrives =*)

How can I connect an external wah pedal to the helix s9 that I’ve got the wah pedal ready to use whenever I need to...

I’m using the vdi port for my jtv guitar so I don’t use the normal 1/4 “ jack....so guitar into wah into the helix is not possible....

Edited by dylan01

How can I connect an external wah pedal to the helix s9 that I’ve got the wah pedal ready to use whenever I need to...

I’m using the vdi port for my jtv guitar so I don’t use the normal 1/4 “ jack....so guitar into wah into the helix is not possible....

Put it in one of the effects loops. You can then put it anywhere in the signal chain and turn it on/off with a stomp. 

• 8 months later...