Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

few issues before updating..

twystedriffs

Last time I updated was 2.11 and somehow my helix saved everything except my snapshot data. was a huge pain to redo 50+ patches from scratch so I have been gunshy to try again. But I am very anxious to update, and have some time before next round of gigs. so I saved my setlist to my pc, then imported into empty slot just to see if they saved correctly this time. The names of the songs were there, no data what so ever though, empty signl paths..I bought some of Glenn's patches awhile back, export setlist, imported to new slot, same thing. Why wont my helix save things correctly? I did save an individual song, and it worked fine. So should I just save individual songs, update, then reload individul? no setlists or anything? And would I then have to save my IRs and load the same? Ugh, glad they updated this process for 2.3, just want to get there safely, I would pass on updating forever if I had to redo all my snaps again!!

The updated Helix Edit v2.30 application for your PC/Mac comes with full backup & recovery options now.  You can backup and/or export all of your patches, setlists, etc.  Recommend doing a full backup and export of everything before proceeding with the upgrade.  This step is necessary so you can restore all of your settings, etc. post upgrade.

Last time I updated was 2.11 and somehow my helix saved everything except my snapshot data. was a huge pain to redo 50+ patches from scratch so I have been gunshy to try again. But I am very anxious to update, and have some time before next round of gigs. so I saved my setlist to my pc, then imported into empty slot just to see if they saved correctly this time. The names of the songs were there, no data what so ever though, empty signl paths..I bought some of Glenn's patches awhile back, export setlist, imported to new slot, same thing. Why wont my helix save things correctly? I did save an individual song, and it worked fine. So should I just save individual songs, update, then reload individul? no setlists or anything? And would I then have to save my IRs and load the same? Ugh, glad they updated this process for 2.3, just want to get there safely, I would pass on updating forever if I had to redo all my snaps again!!

Export your individual presets. You can highlight them all in the 2.11 Editor, then export. Once you have backed up individual presets, update Helix with 2.30, then import individual presets, then reboot to rebuild the presets. All of your snapshots and custom scribble strip names should all be there. If not, open a support ticket with Line 6. You will have all of your presets already backed up anyway.