Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mono/Stereo Effects

VirtualGuitars

I am running into a strange issue with one of my presets.  I have 8 identical presets with the only difference being the elected amp+cab model.  Since I now have a good pair of FRFR reference monitors, I am experimenting with stereo effects.

One of the presets will not let me change 70 Chorus from mono to stereo even though all of the other presets let me.  The particular effect grays out as a stereo option just for this one preset.  Same for the Simple Delay effect.  Very strange because all of the presets were copied and then the amp+cab model changed right after.  Why would one amp+cab model only allow certain effects for stereo?  It only seems to matter with certain effects and not others.

Is this a possible bug?  I am more curious than anything else.  Thank you.

Why would one amp+cab model only allow certain effects for stereo? It only seems to matter with certain effects and not others.

There's only so much DSP to go around... some amp models chew up more than others, as do stereo FX vs. mono. Based on what's already in your chain, it greys out anything that would throw you over the limit.