Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No sound from right monitor running HELIX through Scarlett 2i4

marcvlopez

I have an XLR cable running from the Left/Mono output of my HELIX Rack into the front channel 1 port of my Scarlett 2i4.  When I play the HELIX, I only hear sound from the left KRK 6 and KRK Sub.  No sound is audible from the right KRK 6.  Moving the Direct Monitor switch on the on 2i4 from Mono to Stereo slightly increases the volume, but still does not pass sound from the right KRK 6.  I have the HELIX running into the 2i4 so I can play/noodle in my office, then easily monitor tracks in Logic Pro X.  Here's the signal chain.

1.  HELIX Rack XLR output to Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 front XLR input.
2. Scarlet 2i4 USB into Macbook Pro.
3. Scarlett 2i4 TRS output 1 to KRK Sub XLR input.
4. KRK Sub XLR outputs to right and left KRK 6s XLR inputs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

I think Chris_Zahn's suggestion above is excellent. Use both outputs from the Helix directly to the KRKs. Alternatively use both outputs from the Helix to your KRKs instead of only one.

Is the KRK sub capable of outputting a signal to both outputs(Left & Right) when only the left input is used? Not saying it can't but I don't see any specific reference to that in the KRK sub manual I checked. Which model KRK sub are you using? Does switching the output cables on the KRK sub that go to your KRK 6s speakers switch which side you are getting signal from. If so that could be your issue. Also, don't know if you are using some kind of a DAW on your MacBook. If so make sure the input channel is panned to the center as well as the output.