Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is is possible to use the M20d as a personal monitor mixer? Just like the Roland M-48? The roland m-48 uses cat-5 connectors, and I was wondering if the AES/EBU connection can be used for digital signal input other than the L6 Link? I wanted know if I can use the m20d as a slave mixer (onstage)

The L6 Link connection on the StageScape M20d is a output and not an input,and it looks like the same can be said for your Roland.  So the AES/EBU output on your Roland board would not sufficiently input to your StageScape.  However, you could use the StageScape as a monitor mixer by creatively assigning your Roland inputs to your assignable outputs which then feed into your StageScape mixer.  However, this is not necessarily the best setup because you wont have control over individual inputs if you have more inputs than you have assignable outputs on your Roland.  For example, if you have 3 guitars plugged into your Roland, and you group them to the same assignable output and plug that assignable output into your M20d, you will be able to send all 3 guitars to a monitor on the M20d, but you would not be able to control the individual levels of those guitars in the monitors without controlling the 3 guitar inputs on your Roland mixer.

I hope this is helpful.