Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6: comment/bug in the Downloads section’s search engine

LutherDeLorme

I search in the section “Free software downloads†for: Helix LT, Line 6 updater, Windows 10. The result is Line 6 updater V1.11 which is the WRONG version, cause the latest version is V1.12.

I thought I should mention this, cause perhaps this can cause serious trouble.

post-1913335-0-47921400-1519996631_thumb.jpeg

Interesting, because the Line 6 Updater v1.12 lists its compatible products - and Helix LT is not among them. That doesn't seem like a coincidence. Perhaps there's actually some incompatibility between Updater v1.12 and Helix LT, which would make the behaviour we see the correct behaviour.

The other alternative is, as you suggest, there's an error in the list of compatible products and the LT should be included in Updater v1.12. In that case it's probably a simpler issue for Line 6 to resolve because it's not a bug in the search engine - just a simple omission in the search dataset.

I think it's worth a support ticket - maybe you could open one and let us know what Line 6 says about it?

• Upvote 1

Interesting, because the Line 6 Updater v1.12 lists its compatible products - and Helix LT is not among them. That doesn't seem like a coincidence. Perhaps there's actually some incompatibility between Updater v1.12 and Helix LT, which would make the behaviour we see the correct behaviour.

The other alternative is, as you suggest, there's an error in the list of compatible products and the LT should be included in Updater v1.12. In that case it's probably a simpler issue for Line 6 to resolve because it's not a bug in the search engine - just a simple omission in the search dataset.

I think it's worth a support ticket - maybe you could open one and let us know what Line 6 says about it?

I have opened a support ticket about it.