Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Newbie Q: Saving Patches with Helix Editor, Win 10

Dibubba

You'll want to save it to that location first...then edit>resave.

I usually right click on the preset name, choose 'copy', then choose where I want it to be saved....right click/paste.   You have to make sure that you are 'choosing' the preset that you want to edit...I've copy/pasted began tweaking only to find out I was changing my original (copy) preset, not the new (paste) one.  

Another option is, if you make changes to a preset and then realize you want to keep those changes AND the original preset, BEFORE saving the edited preset, copy it to a new location.  The original preset is now at the new location, unedited, and the one you edited, which should still be the one you have activated, can be saved and you have both.

Well, both options work, guys, and thanks!

But what Nimrod thought *that* up? Its about as intuitive as a live AC socket in the bottom of a bathtub!! :)

I guess the time-honored tradition as "Save as" > "Enter patch location" was too easy to trust to stoopid Guitarists such as I. Cheers!