Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tone Port GX windows 10 in 2018

Hello I just wanted to use my old toneport GX in my computer from time to time but now I cannot, even if I install the latest drivers I see in device manager microsoft installs the "latest" since the last driver was 2015 and Microsoft somehow gets one from 2018 that doesn't work. I've tried to uninstall this one and install manually the driver from the line6 installer but it won't work Windows will still try to load the Microsft GX driver.

Any help would be apreciated

Hi,

not sure MS has a GX driver.  I suspect it is finding a generic for whatever the GX looks like to windows.

what you might try is :

a)uninstall all drivers related and if you see the option "also delete driver files"

b) DO NOT PLUG ANYTHING IN YET, and first install the proper toneport drivers

c) plug in and windows should find the driver.

you could stop windows from auto installing... but it may have ramifications on other stuff you plug in:

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10

1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. 2. Make your way to System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

another option is shown here, and there are other similar pages you could google for:

https://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/

good luck!

I already tried that but doesn't matter what i do it stills comes back as Microsoft GX signed in 2018, I guess I need to get to the point when I connect it and I get it recognized as unknown device so I can use the real drivers but it doesn't matter what I do I cannot uninstall that driver, any ideas?