Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Output modes

pipelineaudio1

I see the output chart, but surely it can't be correct right?

Lets say someone is playing thru a guitar amp (so I'd assume amp mode would turn the speaker cabinet emulation off), but the soundguy wants an XLR, which would need the cabinet emulation on, how do you handle this situation?

There's 2 ways you can do this. 

The first method is the easier, more beginner method.  You can run the Firehawk as a full modeling rig, with the amps/cabinets in the Firehawk.  Just plug your guitar into the Firehawk, run the XLR out to the soundman, run a 1/4" to your FX Loop return on your amp for monitoring.  If you don't have an FX Loop, just plug it into the regular input and set all your tone knobs to 5, on the clean channel. 

The second way is to go with a hybrid 4-cable method.  If you really like the sound of your amp (well, the pre-amp section anyways), you can plug your guitar into the Firehawk, run a cable from the Firehawk FX Effects Send to your amp Guitar In.  Run the amp FX Send back into the Firehawk FX Return.  Make sure you place the FX Loop block before the amp block in the app.  Also, you can add stomp boxes in front of your real amps pre-amp, like adding a tube screamer or whatever.  For your amp, select Tube Instrument Pre-Amp (under clean types) with all settings at 50% and select the type of cabinet you want to emulate. Then run a 1/4" out to your amp's FX Loop Return and also an XLR out.  You will need to be in Line mode for XLR to work.  The house won't hear your cabinet, but they will hear your pre-amp and the emulated cabinet from the Firehawk.  There's no parallel path to allow you to hear the emulated in the house and non emulated in your amp. 

From all of your other posts, the Firehawk doesn't seem like the right equipment for you.  You should upgrade to a Helix LT and you'll get all the routing options your looking for, including loading IRs.  You could sell the Firehawk for about $280-$300 and get a used LT for about $900.  

I need five or six of a similar unit for our school's kids' bands. I would love a Helix for me, but these guys can ear their own, I just need something functional.

The outputs thing seems to be one more bonehead move line 6 pulls from time to time, like no line out on the Amplifi, or crippling some of their interface drivers at random.

It won't be that big a deal if theyre going out with FRFR capable amps, but sheesh with two products aimed at live use specifically, its a bit screwy