Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do you use scenes?

SFDonovan

Got the M9 Stopmbox modeler over the weekend.  Says I can create up to six pedalboard "scenes".  What do ya'll use scenes for?  Different genres of music?  What do you name them?

I have a small gig coming up I'd like to use the M9 for, instead of the my other multi-effect pedal with patches.  Just trying to wrap my head around the best way to utilize scenes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the M13 and use both the momentary scene and latch scene modes.  At home I mostly use momentary and just turn on/off individual effects. But when I'm getting together with friends (I don't play in a band at this time) I often use latch scene to quickly change effects and the channels on my amp, etc.  When I'm in latch scene I use the MIDI out of the M13 into a Voo Doo Lab Control Switcher to change amp channels.  My amp is not MIDI so this converts the MIDI to a relay that my amp recognizes (no different than the footswitch). 

Preset 1A is Clean, 2A is Clean w/Chorus, 3A changes amp to OD, etc.

• 1 year later...

I believe scenes are used to stack a handful of effects together... that's one scene.  And you can switch between scenes.  So instead of having to turn delay on, modify its settings, turn chorus on and modify its settings.....  for a particular sound, you have multiple effects/settings saved into a scene.  Then you switch between these.  I really like what I think this feature does.  I say that because I don't actually have this unit, but my Boss ME-30 does that.  I'm just looking for something a bit more advanced.