Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The LAST Block in the signal line turns off

georgeseth

The last Block in the signal line turns off; anyone else notice this happening after upgrading to v2.54?

It happens after a Restore, followed by power off, and back on again. The system goes through the "rebuilding Presets" process.

Once complete, select a custom Preset with Snapshots, everything looks normal UNTIL you change Snapshot, THEN the last Block turns off, and will REMAIN off for all the Snapshots in that Preset.

Every Preset, with Snapshots, is now affected after the Restore. You must literally go through, and re-save every Snapshot in every Preset.

Welcome to my world!  I have had this issue for quite a while, incl before this update.  I can recreate this issue even after  "fixing" the issue and saving all my presets by simply dragging certain presets out of Helix and then back in.

For me it only happens if I have a dual path and only on the second path.  It happens with IR, amp, and EQ blocks, depending on the preset.  I have a Helix friend on this forum and we think it might be related to a preset from a previous Helix update, which is relevant to you.

I have literally been experimenting with this issue this weekend because we did a bunch of organizational work on my IRs and presets last week and after a factory reset and dragging my fixed presets back in, I was surprised they were again doing what you are describing, just like before.

One option is a support ticket, but I feel like the effort to get them to understand and recreate this might be more than to recreate my presets from scratch. I did that just today for one presets and am going to test it.  If that fixes this permanently, I'll probably spend my time recreating the offending presets based on this new one.   I'll let you know if this solves it!

Hey George - I'm going to open a ticket with L6 on this.  Here's what I did.  I created a dual path preset from scratch - I did not copy any blocks from other presets.  It works as it should.  If I drag it out of Helix and then back into a New Preset slot, it still works as it should.  If I then close HX Edit and turn the Helix off and restart it (no presets are rebuilt during startup), that preset has every IR on path 2 off even though it was saved with them all on.

I have the same problem and also only on the second path of a dual path patch.

A work-around for me is deleting the last block and than adding it again followed by a save.

After, the patch works fine.

When i export the patch and import it on another slot, the same problem reappears.

22 hours ago, georgeseth said:

The last Block in the signal line turns off; anyone else notice this happening after upgrading to v2.54?

It happens after a Restore, followed by power off, and back on again. The system goes through the "rebuilding Presets" process.

Once complete, select a custom Preset with Snapshots, everything looks normal UNTIL you change Snapshot, THEN the last Block turns off, and will REMAIN off for all the Snapshots in that Preset.

Every Preset, with Snapshots, is now affected after the Restore. You must literally go through, and re-save every Snapshot in every Preset.

4 hours ago, mooijd said:

I have the same problem and also only on the second path of a dual path patch.

A work-around for me is deleting the last block and than adding it again followed by a save.

After, the patch works fine.

When i export the patch and import it on another slot, the same problem reappears.

MooidJ - yup, the same issue I have have!  I opened a ticket on this last night.  I suggest you both do the same.  I'll reply here if I get anything helpful.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, georgeseth said:

Just heard from Support; they were able to reproduce the issue, and have referred it as a bug. 

Great.  They have not done the same for me yet but hopefully yours is enough to get this some attention.