Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I save an input impedance with a preset?

Topaz

I haven't touched my HD500X for an embarrassing long while and I've forgotten everything of what little I knew. I have the input impedance set for Global put I can't understand from the language in the manual how the heck to save a different impedance with each preset. I've only looked at the 'inputs' section of the manual unless its explained better somewhere else.

Thanks

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

That I know. What I mean is even though I set that to preset, where in creating a patch itself that I can choose what impedance to save with that patch?

This is what I don't get. For example.  I go to the inputs menu, choose 1m for the impedance and set it to preset. Now say I have 3 patches.... first one I want it to have 32k impedance, the second patch 90k, and the third 3.2m.  How the heck do I do that?  :)

Don't over think it, It's all done at the same spot :)

Once you set #4 to preset, don't touch it again. Now you go to that same location when you are on a patch and change the impedance (and/or inputs for that matter) for each preset as required. Just don't change #4 back to global.  

33 minutes ago, codamedia said:

Don't over think it, It's all done at the same spot :)

Once you set #4 to preset, don't touch it again. Now you go to that same location when you are on a patch and change the impedance (and/or inputs for that matter) for each preset as required. Just don't change #4 back to global.  

Thanks.  So if I understand you correctly. When I want to save a patch to a particular  impedance,  I need to go to the inputs menu, set that to preset, then adjust the impedance for what I want for the patch, and then it'll be saved to the patch.  Then when I create another patch and want a different impedance for it, I go back into inputs menu, make sure its still set to preset, change the impedance to what I now want, and it'll be saved to this new patch, correct?

See, my logic tells me that, when I'd make the change from global to preset, that then the parameter for choosing an impedance would then be configured within the patch itself!  Lol

What threw my mind off is that changing from global to preset, preset will have an impedance selected. So I'm thinking, how the hell is that different from global? Because when I'd save a patch, its going to reflect whatever impedance the preset is at! So I'm going nuts looking through the patch parameters trying to find where to set the impedance. 

22 hours ago, Topaz said:

Thanks.  So if I understand you correctly. When I want to save a patch to a particular  impedance,  I need to go to the inputs menu, set that to preset, then adjust the impedance for what I want for the patch, and then it'll be saved to the patch.  Then when I create another patch and want a different impedance for it, I go back into inputs menu, make sure its still set to preset, change the impedance to what I now want, and it'll be saved to this new patch, correct?

Yes, that is correct. It may not be intuitive or makes sense... but it is that simple :) 

Remember, #4 (global vs preset) effects everything on that input page. The Inputs and the Impedance.