Sign in to follow this  
bserrano14

Driver needed to update DT 50 110

I recently purchased a Line 6 DT 50 112 Amplifier used and I need to find the drivers for line 6 monkey to work.  I do have USB connected to midi in out.  I just want to update the firmware to the latest...

can anyone assist...

Help

There are no DT50 drivers - it's just a MIDI connection. What kind of USB/MIDI interface are you using?

I got it from Amazon,,, This one:

Asmuse USB MIDI Cable Interface Converter for Electric Music Instruments Electric Keyboard Piano to PC Mac Laptop 5 PIN connector 2 In 1 In-out FTP Chip Cable 5.24 ft (1.6 m)

10 minutes ago, bserrano14 said:

I got it from Amazon,,, This one:

Asmuse USB MIDI Cable Interface Converter for Electric Music Instruments Electric Keyboard Piano to PC Mac Laptop 5 PIN connector 2 In 1 In-out FTP Chip Cable 5.24 ft (1.6 m)

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's most likely the problem. Historically, the less expensive USB-MIDI interfaces haven't worked for Line 6 updates (or for most hardware that uses MIDI Sysex for updates). It seems that most of them don't handle MIDI Sysex messages well, that's basically what the update is. I think part of it is that the inexpensive adapters are relying on the built-in, class compliant OS drivers, and those don't seem to account for Sysex. The adapters that Line 6 recommends are listed here:

I have an M-Audio Uno, and it's always worked.

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, bserrano14 said:

i ordered the one you have... hopefully it will work 

It should work with the M Audio Uno. I've got one too.