Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX effects amp switching incompatible with Peavey Classic 30

Jasonbrianmerrill

Hmm, the Classic 30 uses a very simply footswitch, so it should be pretty straightforward, and the HX should be able to control it. You need a TRS cable if you want to switch between the channels and turn the reverb on and off. On the HX itself, you'll need to go into the Global Settings menu and set the function of one the pedal jacks to EXT AMP. Then you need to go into the Command Center to assign an EXT AMP command to a footswitch, and the select the Tip, Ring or Both setting. I'm betting that Tip controls the channel and ring controls the reverb.

Make sure you're assigning the EXT AMP command to a footswitch and not just an Instant Command (the lightning bolt icons). The EXT AMP won't work unless you assign that command to a footswitch first.

13 minutes ago, Jasonbrianmerrill said:

Still can't quite get it to work... not sure how to best troubleshoot this... I hear a pop when i hit the switch, but no change. The Classic 30 has the channel switch depressed, which is what it needs to switch with a regular switcher. 

2939B5EB-67E3-4B54-8E24-490E0B075B09.png

C4D17505-CE1B-49EB-8712-F0C50B81918C.png

Try touching FS3 and turning Knob 1, where it says "select" and choose "1 - Tip to Sleeve".

• Confused 1

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...