Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Win 10 not recognizing Helix LT!!!

angeldariel

Hi, i just got a Helix LT and a new acer nitro 5 laptop with win 10, i download the HX EDIT package to update the unit but it is not recognizing it, i already did uninstall and reinstall, turn off secure boot and drive enforcement from my laptop, i really don't know what else to do, please, HELP!!!!! 

thanks for everything...

You're going to have to be more explicit in what you mean by not recognizing "IT".  Do you mean the Helix LT unit itself, or not recognize the program, or what?  Does the HX Edit package run and install the HX Edit program, Line 6 Updater, and device drivers?  If that's runs successfully what happens when you run the actual HX Edit program (not the HX Edit Install package)?

On 9/2/2018 at 2:31 AM, angeldariel said:

Hi, i just got a Helix LT and a new acer nitro 5 laptop with win 10, i download the HX EDIT package to update the unit but it is not recognizing it, i already did uninstall and reinstall, turn off secure boot and drive enforcement from my laptop, i really don't know what else to do, please, HELP!!!!! 

thanks for everything...

If you have properly installed the editor, driver, updater as DD indicated above you may want to try testing different USB ports. If that does not work try a different USB cable. Is it HX Edit, the Line6 Updater, or both that are not seeing your Helix LT? Also, which version of the firmware are you on and which version of HX Edit did you download and install?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had similar issues in the past where it drops connection intermittently with Helix Edit. I've found that using a USB 2 port works best for me and running Helix Edit as an administrator.

Strangely, the Helix works like a charm as an audio interface in a USB 3 port on my laptop, so it just seems to be Helix Edit I had issues with.

Although this is what worked for me, it may not work for others as there are so many hardware/software configuration differences between laptop/PC's.