Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SOLVED: HELP! Amp Not Responding To Knob Turns or Channel Changes

marcusanderson

So, I had the HX Effects (new to me yesterday) set to change my amp channels (Orange TH30C) and all was fine (amp changes, etc...no issue).  After copying a preset and wanting to remove the amp function from the FS, I noticed that while the amp was still making sound as I played, I couldn't change ANYTHING about the tone on the actual amp--couldn't switch channels, change volume, EQ...nada.  I've turned everything off/on/etc, and nada...it is a fixed volume and can be played through, but ZERO tweaking is happening--even through the amp footswitch itself.  I'm FREAKING OUT.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Marcus. 

Edited by marcusanderson
Problem was solved by suggestion in thread.

Do you have the amp hooked via the 4 cable method? What you're describing is what happens if you have the 4CM connections but don't have the FX Loop block in the HXFX's signal chain. When that happens, you're bypassing your amp's preamp and just taking taking the signal from the HXFX's output into your amp's effects return.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, phil_m said:

Do you have the amp hooked via the 4 cable method? What you're describing is what happens if you have the 4CM connections but don't have the FX Loop block in the HXFX's signal chain. When that happens, you're bypassing your amp's preamp and just taking taking the signal from the HXFX's output into your amp's effects return.

You, sir...you are a lifesaver. I like to think I would’ve unplugged the effects loop in the amp before taking it to an amp tech (which I was planning on doing this morning), but you NAILED IT. Thank you for making my day.