Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Inconsistent MIDI patch/snapshot changes?

ksawaia

Hello.  Running my helix rack (v2.6) in a live setting.  Also running midi via usb for patch changes and came across some extremely odd and inconstant behavior.  I have a patch change to switch between presets and snapshots (so a program change, then a cc69 change).  In the video attached, you can see in reaper's timeline the cursor is moving over the same patch change (the green item) yet is setting itself to different patches every time is cycles over it. 

Seems to me like a bug, but can you shed any light on this? 

Thanks!

Try updating to the latest firmware v2.70. It includes many bug fixes including a bunch that are not specified but come under the banner ' Many other minor bug fixes and improvements'. At least one user has posted about an unspecified MIDI bug fix that he noticed. It's possible that your bug is already fixed. At the very least, you should upgrade to see if it has been fixed. Only then, when it's known to still exist, are you likely to get any useful help here .

Also, 1) make double sure Reaper is sending the correct commands to Helix. Use something like free MIDI Monitor (Mac) or MIDI Ox (PC) via USB to see. 2) Have sufficient delay between MIDI commands so Helix has time to implement the patch change before receiving the Snapshot CC. 3) When working with MIDI, drink plenty of fluids and get sufficient rest.