Sign in to follow this  
jobekanobe

Acoustic/electric Stomp For Spider 3

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my acoustic/electric to sound the best through my spider 3?  I don't think there is an acoustic setting.  Unless I've just missed it.  What reasonably priced stomp box will help me here?

Thanks,

Jeff

The answer you probably don't want to hear is that there really isn't a way to get an acoustic electric to sound good through a regular guitar amp. Even though the Spider is a modeling amp, it's still essentially a guitar amp using a speaker designed for electric guitar. For acoustic guitar amplification, you generally need something that is full spectrum, full range. That's why acoustic guitar amps have tweakers built in. They'll reproduce the high frequencies that help make an acoustic guitar sound the way it should.

The one thing you could try is bypassing the preamp on the Spider III. If you hold the tap tempo button down while powering the amp on, it turns the amp on with the preamp section bypassed. It's essentially a relatively flat powered speaker at this point. The only control that will work on the amp is the master volume.

Thanks for the information and suggestion about bypassing the preamp.

What are your thoughts about an acoustic stomp pedal option?

thanks again