Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

MIDI use and other tech help!!

Fusionado

So, I've had M13s for 6 years now...... a recreational player, writing/recording and SOME performing....it's time be smooth with fx/loop/scene changes.....the "scene" concept is fine for organizing the basic sounds involved in a song....it's nice to have 4x3 options, but you're still tap-dancing.....somewhere I convinced myself that by using MIDI cables I can add a switcher to my setup for 1-click changes on the M13....come on, this has to be possible, right? Now, I bought a Boss MS-3, not spending crazy $$ on ME series or any Gig Rig stuff, and I didn't want to pull the trigger on Voodoo labs. I've loved the M13 over the years for its collection of tones, specifically the delays and modulations. HOW can I make the m13 be a multi-effects source for my pedal-switching MS-3? I've seen hints that the MS-3 can run many options out of an Eventide H9, and they vaguely show you in videos how to integrate with a Kemper amp modeler....I can figure out the Boss end of this, but I'd LOVE a clue on how to get the most out of this M13. If you say I DEFINITELY need to be at Helix level to have that satisfaction, I'll understand....but since I can't find ANY videos on using M13's MIDI, I figured someone can point me in the right direction........?......

MIDI is used for Firmware updates and some MMC commands. 

For MIDI functions, check out Appendix A, for the MIDI commands, 

see if anything there helps for what you're trying to do. 

https://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0594000d02c/application/pdf/M13 Advanced Users Guide - English ( Rev A ).pdf

Ok, forget the 5pin....Any chance that with TRS cables it can be used like a multi-stompbox like an H9 or something like that? Instead of adding a loop to the M13, can the M13 be a loop for a switcher board? Even if theres not PMC or CC or whatever changes? Wait! just found this. ....

Looks like he's just using input and output; with TRS cables? This is very minimal of a video but perhaps with TRS can he change scenes? even if not, PMC or some kind of change within a scene would be helpful...........?