dkourounis

Volume Spikes When Changing Effects

I recently bought a Spider IV 75W amplifier from my local Sam Ash. I know it was on the sales floor, which means a lot of people had been playing it. I'm not sure what the reason for my problem is though. What happens is each time I turn the effects knob (located all the way to the left of the amp) to any effect, the volume spikes so loud that I think it's going to blow my amplifier. I then have to turn the channel volume all the way down and then back up to the desired level. I have to do this every single time I change effects. Anybody know why? Do I have a busted amp and need to exchange it?

Congratulations on your new amp!  First thing I would suggest is to read the manual for the amp, available here:  http://line6.com/support/manuals/

The control to the left is not an FX knob, it is for setting the amp-model for manual settings.   Is it possible you have the master volume control turned way up?

I agree with toneman2121. This sounds like the amp model for each channel is save with the channel volume up really high. Save each channel with the channel volume at a more reasonable level.