Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10T & G90

MelThorpe

My bandmates and I all use Relay wireless. I am running the G90, another guy is running the G50 and another guy is running the G10 and G30.

We've had an annoying issue with the G10 that drives me nuts. We all power our wireless up and connect before the G10 is undocked. All is well. If for some reason I get out of range of the G90 and it drops connection to my receiver, the G10 will attach to the channel on my G90 receiver automatically. But it is still connected to the G10 dock as well, or so it seems. 

I can see on my G90 receiver that it says G10T instead of my pack model # but it is still going through the G10 base as well I believe because the mix levels on his fiddle dont change in my ears when it does this.

He has to pull the G10 out of his fiddle and plug it back into the base for a while so I can reconnect.

Is this normal behavior? If so, its annoying as hell. I would prefer to just just get disconnected and it reconnect once it gets back into range.

I talked to support and they said its expected behavior. They suggested setting the G50/90 to channels higher than 5 and then it shouldn't happen. Unfortunately that doesn't happen in situations where there is lots of 2.4G traffic. So I guess we just deal with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you are scanning for clear frequencies EVERY time you use the units, especially gigging... and manual channel selection would be a continued gamble, unless you are using some other way to frequency coordinate.  

The G90 and G10 can frequency scan.

Make sure you are all running the same RF mode... see below docs.  Unfortunately, Line 6 badly needs to update their tech documents to explain how to support interoperability between their own 2.4GHz products if they expect bands to want to try more than one wireless unit.  These docs are very dated.  The also need to greatly improve the scanning process as 2.4GHz is a very busy spectrum.

I do a channel scan at each gig and make sure I pick a free channel along with the G50 and G30 users. And so far its been fairly stable as long as I stay within range of the G90 receiver. If I get out of range and it drops, the G10 will grab the channel. Every time.