Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wet / Dry Setup

ne6li

Hi to everyone!

First post here. Looking into the Pod HD.

Can this unit do the wet / dry setup?  I was reading through a manual at sweetwater, I am thinking it might.  Would like to confirm by those that

are currently using it.

From what I gather, you can run two separate amps which go to the mixer, from there they can be panned left and right, if understand correctly.....

So, if I was running the Pod HD to two combo amps, left / right, if I had delay on the right amp, and no effects on the left amp, would this work as

I am understanding it....?

Thanks for all replies!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks too bjnette.

Thats what I'm after, just the Wet on one side and Dry kept on the other side.

I believe it can do the W/D/W if one would use a Y cable off the Wet side to split the signal.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YPP111--hosa-ypp-111-y-cable-1-4-inch-ts-to-dual-1-4-inch-tsf-6-inch?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3277456355&rkg_id=0&utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=aaShopping - Core - Accessories&utm_term=ProductType2=CablesProductType3=Insert / Y Cables&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping - Core - Accessories&adgroup=Accessories - Cables&placement=bing&creative=78477698476415&device=c&matchtype=e&msclkid=1ac6901a46a411c7bc14cc495f88513f

Using one of these for just the Wet:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PowerStage700--seymour-duncan-powerstage-700-700-watt-guitar-amp-head

Easy enough if one is using the amp tones and cabs of the Pod HD.

If using an amp itself, the amp could be kept the dry tone. A couple of choices depending on the amp for the use of the Wet. If the amp has

a line out or tap the signal coming out from an effects loop if it has one. A Y cable above could be used for the effects loop using

a patch cord to complete the loop and a guitar cable sending the other to the Pod HD, from there to a power amp of choice.

Its the Best overall tone I have ever gotten.  W/D just sounds so huge, depending on the amount of delay and reverb used, without

sacrificing what ever your original tone is.  

Wish he would play a bit more. Still Way Cool!

That was a video I have never seen. I had seen a much later one regarding his rig.  I got it back the front, I always thought his center was clean

and the effects left and right including higher gains. Seems the left and right are dry verbs.

Glad your loving your tone! Looks good.