Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - External Footswitch will NOT work

IPLYGTR

Ok, i'm going nuts here trying to figure this out.  I am under the impression that you can use one of the expression pedal inputs to connect an external footswitch to control blocks or other settings with the HX Effects.  I have found instructions and videos to do this with the HX Stomp but nothing specific to the HX Effects.  The menu interface on the HX Stomp is different than the HX Effects so the step by step instructions for HX Stomp dont seem to work on the HX Effects.   I want to use a momentary footswitch like the Mission Engineering TT-2. 

I have tried everything I can on the HX Effects interface as well as the HX Edit and cannot get the HX Effects to recognize the footswitch.  

What am I doing wrong?  Will it not work with the HX Effects?  Where can I find details on how to do this?  The manual is somewhat vague in this. 

Cliff M. 

I did what you describe with my Helix Floor by configuring the block in question to bypass based on an expression pedal position, then setting the 3PDT toe switch on my expression pedal up with a resistor to simulate a position. The expression pedal then goes to one of your EXP inputs and that EXP controls the effect parameter(s), and the switch goes to the other EXP and is assigned to the bypass.

I described the whole thing here:

https://line6.com/support/topic/26725-toe-switching-with-an-external-exp-pedal/

Not sure how that will translate to HX Stomp, but that's the idea. Hope it helps!

9 hours ago, IPLYGTR said:

I am under the impression assumption that you can use one of the expression pedal inputs to connect an external footswitch to control blocks or other settings with the HX Effects. 

I changed your quote for you :) 

I no longer own an HX Effects (upgraded to an LT) but if I recall correctly you cannot hook up an external switch to the HX Effects. They can be assigned as expression controllers, or AMP controllers. If it's any consolation, the HELIX (Floor and LT) don't have this ability either. Just the Stomp and the Rack Controller. 

Verne-Bunsen has a solution above, but it does require wiring a 10k resistor onto the switch and assigning it as an "auto on" controller.

11 hours ago, codamedia said:

I changed your quote for you :) 

I no longer own an HX Effects (upgraded to an LT) but if I recall correctly you cannot hook up an external switch to the HX Effects. They can be assigned as expression controllers, or AMP controllers. If it's any consolation, the HELIX (Floor and LT) don't have this ability either. Just the Stomp and the Rack Controller. 

Verne-Bunsen has a solution above, but it does require wiring a 10k resistor onto the switch and assigning it as an "auto on" controller.

:) thanks for the grammar corrections my friend.  I always tell people, "I may not spell good but I can do all other kinds of crazy cool stuff." 

I was afraid this was gonna be the case.  I did see the solution with the 10k resistor.  I could, but I dont really want to dive into a diy hack.  Oh well.  I appreciate the reply my friend. :)