Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Daisy chain from HX stomp' power suply?

Nicholasbt

Hi! I just got a HX Stomp (wuhuuuw finally!!!). I was wondering now, I have beside the hx stomp only one more pedal to power up, can I connect a daisy chain cable to the helix power suply? 

The power suply is 9v 3A, I have heard the HX stomp draws around 1.2A, and the pedal I want to power is only 100mAh; so I am gusseing it should fine fine, right?

From a pure electrical capacity perspective, it would probably be OK. The tricky part is the Stomp's power supply uses a 2.5mm barrel, and the standard 9V pedal uses a 2.1mm barrel. Every daisy chain I've ever seen is built around the 2.1mm barrel. So you'd have to find a way to split to a 2.5mm barrel for the Stomp and then 2.1mm for the other pedal. It would probably end up being more trouble than it's worth.

The other thing I'd say is that, generally, digital effects don't react well to being daisy-chained. You'd most likely run into noise issues.

• Upvote 1