Sign in to follow this  
Profett

Variax Xlr Into M20d

High,

how can connect variax with xlr cable (acoustic modus) into m20d. I inserted xlr into mic channel 12 but there is no sound. No level to be seen and auto trim says no signal. but I see the green button beside the xlr symbol beside input 12 blinking when playing guitar. So what do I do wrong?

My aim is to get a good sound with variax acoustic models without pod xt  just variax an m20d to decrease technical overload.

Profett

Just an absolute newbie here... But the Variax signal coming out of the Variax guitar is digital- it has to go through something to convert it to analog- or , if you don't want to use a POD, you would have to just use the quarter inch jack with a normal guitar cable to go into the m20d. There isn't a digital interface for the Variax guitar in this, or any, mixer. I have a POD HD 500x and would have to plug into that to access patches, then XLR out to the mixer.

Since you don't want to use a POD, why don't you want to use a regular guitar cord in Variax mode. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Larry

I'm not the guitar guy ... but I've never seen an XLR output on a Variax.  There's an RJ-45 which has the same shell as an XLR but as Larry said about that is not an audio output.

my variax 300 uses the line6 xps footswitch that provides the guitar with power and serves as DI Box. The footswitch has a 1/4'' Jack and a XLR jack for output signal that can directly be plugged into an amp. So there is an audio signal coming out.

Ahhh ... from a breakout box  ;)

The breakout box as I recall is an A/B box and only one output is active at a time.  So if the 1/4" has signal the XLR does not and visa-versa.  So you might try switching that around.  If you still don't get output I guess you'll need service to look at it.