Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't install HXEdit!

JimDiGritz

I'm getting this error after downloading and running the HXEditv2.80Installer.exe file. 

Not had this before with any other Line6 update. 

Windows 10. I've redownloaded the file 3 different times (to 3 different download locations), disabled my AV software and run As Administrator.

Capture.JPG

46 minutes ago, JimDiGritz said:

I've also just uninstalled all Line 6 software (except these 2 which now say the files can't be found after uninstalling the other applications....)

Rebooted.

Still getting same error...

Capture2.JPG

May have already tried this but have you rebooted the computer? Maybe something funky is cached in RAM or swap. I would also temporarily detach any non-critical peripherals and make sure no other programs are running. If you have any exotic drivers installed you may want to try disabling them for the duration. Certain anti-virus programs have also been known to cause problems in the past as well, although unlikely it might be worth disabling them for long enough to get through the install. Also make sure no Helix devices are attached during the Line6 software install.

I rebooted (again!) and uninstalled the last L6 apps, then rebooted (again!). Have now just finished the update process....

Also FYI BitDefender was initially blocking the .exe as malicious - this is VERY unusual and not happened to other L6 update files or any other new application installers in recent memory...

1 minute ago, JimDiGritz said:

I rebooted (again!) and uninstalled the last L6 apps, then rebooted (again!). Have now just finished the update process....

Also FYI BitDefender was initially blocking the .exe as malicious - this is VERY unusual and not happened to other L6 update files or any other new application installers in recent memory...

Awesome, glad to hear it!