Sign in to follow this  
bcunning01

Spider V Remote Won't Launch On Mac

I am trying to use the Spider V Remote and have downloaded the app onto my Imac.  It is running Mojave.  When I click on the icon it just takes me back to the picture below.

I thought that maybe I would try it on a different computer and put it on my other Mac.  It is running High Sierra.  I downloaded the Spider V Remote and after installing clicked on the icon and it took me to the same box again.  When you click it all it does is install it back onto the computer.

Does anybody know how to get it to work?

IMG_0445.jpg

I have the same problem, it goes through the instal proces but doesnt show up in apps> My mac with mojave

I have a similar problem on Mojave. It says it installs fine and does create a Line 6 folder within Applications as it says - note, it doesn't create a 'Spider V Remote' app in the Applications folder, but a 'Line 6' folder which the app is supposed to be inside. I hate it when companies do this, but whatever...

Anyway, the folder is created but is locked and reports as being 0kb. I can't open it or launch the app in any other way.

Have raised a ticket with Line 6.

OK, found a fix.

There's a bug with the folder permissions when it installs, but the app is actually there.

1. Do the install

2. Go to your Applications folder where there'll be a 'Line '6 folder with a no entry sign on it

3. Get Info on this folder (CMD-I)

4. On the bottom-right of the Info pop-up will be a little padlock. Click this and type in your Mac password

5. At the bottom of the pop-up, click the menu item under 'Privilege' for 'everyone'. It'll be set to 'No access' I think. Change to 'Read only'

That's it. The app will now appear.