Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Seymour Duncan Everything Axe pickups with Helix

Indianrock2020

Anyone using the Seymour Duncan Everything Axe pickups with their Helix? Normally these are used on a strat with Lil 59 neck, DuckBucker middle and JB Jr bridge. I can't seem to get the gain staging right resulting in easy to obtain clean tones, but more difficulty getting smooth overdrive.
Eventually with enough massaging of guitar knob positions, pickup height and some careful EQ work in the Helix I get close enough. Right now I have the input pad off and impedance on Auto. One question on the photo: I'm assuming the input pad and Global EQ Level come before the patch blocks, with master volume after the patch blocks. ( Master is set to effect digital out only )

Guitar Helix Gain Stages.png

On 7/28/2019 at 6:54 AM, Indianrock2020 said:

One question on the photo: I'm assuming the input pad and Global EQ Level come before the patch blocks, with master volume after the patch blocks.

• The Global EQ is at the end of the chain, not the beginning. It won't have anything to do with the gain staging of your patch, it is used to effect only the output it is assigned to. This shouldn't be used as part of your patches... it's purpose is to correct the assigned output for a challenging room or environment. 
  • The input pad is a "digitally controlled analog pad" that happens prior to the A/D conversion at the input. 
  • The Master Volume is the global volume of the entire Helix... applied at the end of the chain.

As for your problem with your patch... is there any chance we can hear what you have come up with. I can load that patch but I don't use that pickup set so any tones I get from it are really irrelevant.