Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Manage dry signal blend PER FX BLOCK in stomp mode

spfairchild

Hi all, can anyone help me with managing a dry signal on a parellel path, in a variable way, on a block by block basis - specifically within Stomp mode? For instance, if I wanted to have 50% of my dry signal pass through with fx block X on, but 100% of it with block Y, and 33% with block Z - and to be able to change those percentages if desired - while remaining in Stomp mode specifically (there's too much I feel I can't accomplish in other ways using Snapshots or other patches), how would you go about that? With the Fractal AX8, it's possible to have what would amount to multiple split and merge blocks, as often as you want to create them, but parallel routing doesn't seem to work that way on Helix. 

Is it possible to simply change the split or merge dry parameter with each block's bypass on/off switch, so that there's just the one parallel path but it's being modified every time an fx block on the main path is engaged/disengaged? 

As flexible as the Helix is, sadly you have hit on the one limitation within the routing that I have also noticed. There is only one parallel split per path and the "dry through level" of one block will have an effect on the following block(s). 

12 hours ago, spfairchild said:

Is it possible to simply change the split or merge dry parameter with each block's bypass on/off switch, so that there's just the one parallel path but it's being modified every time an fx block on the main path is engaged/disengaged? 

I don't think you can do this with individual block on/off, but you can utilize snapshots to accomplish this.

12 hours ago, spfairchild said:

while remaining in Stomp mode specifically (there's too much I feel I can't accomplish in other ways using Snapshots or other patches)

Stomp mode is quite limiting compared to Snapshots... that's the nature of this beast. Different options for different jobs. 

Within a preset.... an assignable parameter or on/off state can be controlled by "1 stomp" or by "8 snapshots". 

Preset: Loads the blocks with specific effects.

Snapshots: Sets the parameters and on/off state of those blocks.... with very few limitations.

Stomp Mode: Manual control over a limited number of on/off states or parameters.

• Like 1