Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 power supply issue

ritu69OD

Hello friends, I am currently powering my M9 with a pod hd500x adapter( which is a 3000mA power supply, whereas the M9 requires 2000mA) it's working fine but I am a little worried, could it damage the product as I am feeding 3000mA instead of required 2000mA? I am doing this coz there is no option available here in India to get the original M9 adapter.

If anyone of you could help me out with your suggestion from your experience, I would be grateful. Thanks :)

That's not how it works... The 2000mA and 3000mA are simply the ratings of the respective power supplies. That's what they're capable of supplying. What they actually supply depends on the load of the device they're connected to. If I plug a 12A vacuum cleaner into a 15A or 20A outlet, the vacuum will only draw 12A in both cases. The key is making sure the current draw of the device you're connecting to a power supply doesn't exceed the supply's rating. The actual current draw of the M9 is a little less than 1000mA.

• Thanks 1