Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Interaction from the staff and new Variax guitars 2020

Your knowledge base is awful. It needs:

1.  Better indexing of themes.

2.  Easier searcheability, point 1.

3.  Better search engine. Searching by keywords delivers a lot of irrelevant results.

4.  Currently, there's a lot of information in the forums but we can see a poor interaction from the staff about solving doubts or problems. All the solutions are provided by other users. That takes time for problems to get quickly solved and gives the brand a poor sense of compromise with the customers. In the end, all of us try to get solutions or answers in other places.

In example, nobody knows what happens about the Variax guitars, many feel no interest at all from Yamaha and we buy other products, like me. We comment in many other sites and end getting related pedals and software.
Maybe you're going to make a big show to introduce Variax again but, in the meanwhile, many of us have already bought Boss synths, Blue Cat's Re-Guitar, Keyztone's EXchanger, Mooer's Tonecapture GTR, Revalver's ACT and a long list of cheap Thomann's Harley Benton guitars in order to get different tunings available.

So  we need Variax guitars no more.

These are primarily user forums. The Knowledge Base is run by Line 6, and I think they kind of see it as a somewhat informal site for information that might be useful to someone. I'm not sure if the forum software allows for better searching.

Yours is kind of an odd post... You're complaining about something you ultimately say you don't need at the end of the post.

I think the OT writer maybe feels like there is a lack of commitment from Line 6 re data on Variax and under-the-hood insights from the engineers. Personally I bought my black 500 in  2003 and in 2013 I put on a Warmoth neck that cost more than the Variax did in the first place plus I added Ghost pickups. I never had any probs with the board and firmware whatsoever, its been remarkably sturdy. But if I did not know the control codes for calibrate the model knob or volume I would have sold the guitar years ago.  Stuff like that needs to be public and not kept secret to save business for support techs. Its not rocket science, everyone can calibrate a model selector.. my 2 cent

21 hours ago, phil_m said:

These are primarily user forums. The Knowledge Base is run by Line 6, and I think they kind of see it as a somewhat informal site for information that might be useful to someone. I'm not sure if the forum software allows for better searching.

Yours is kind of an odd post... You're complaining about something you ultimately say you don't need at the end of the post.

Please, read slowly and get the spirit of the message, it's all about providing some user feedback for Line 6 because they keep a we-were-the-first-one-so-we-were-the-best-forever state of mind. Living in an ivory tower usually leads to ruin, auto-criticism is a must to drive an user-oriented business. And feedback from leaving users should be taken in consideration. Furthermore when we are complaining from time ago and we can find the same reaction in many other sites. Nowadays, brands are very sensitive to online reputation, and I know what I'm talking about really well.

Being touchy is not a way to deal with such a problem but  beeing receptive and humble is the way to not lose contact with the real future for any company: customers.

If you read again my original post, I don't say that I won't buy a Variax evermore but that "all the complaining leaving customers" have many other options available in the market from competitors that get their bite from the disatended both old and potential new customers.

I now about Blue Cat's Re-Guitar, which I extensively use, because I read about it from another angry users in other forums. All we know about all the software and hardware that I listed, and even more apps and gadgets, because we all wanted just a Variax guitar instead a closet full of things or pieces of software that would be certainly unnecessary having a Variax.

I've been waiting for a JTV-89F for two years now and I quit on last november after Thomann said they have no new info from Line 6. Moreover, the Spanish staff from Thomann told me that the new workbench interface has no compatibility with my old Variax 700 Acoustic, I asked the support service and Cristoph from Line 6 Europe kindly confirmed that it's absolutely compatible. And here I am editing my 700 Acoustic with the unit arrived just two hours ago from Germany. The problem is that Line 6 doesn't provide any information even to their battlefront: stores.

As user janjanjan very righteous well said, modelling in 2020 is not rocket science anymore. Cheap Chinese pedals for modelling are flooding the market now. I'm modelling with a 99 € Re-Guitar soft at pro quality level. I have one cheap but well hacked Harley Benton guitar in every studio where I work at to avoid taking my Carvins or Fenders out, and modelling with EXchanger and Mooer pedals in the studios. Market is changing, adaptation and evolution are equal to survival.

Of course, I'd prefer having only one Variax guitar to walk to the studios instead of carrying a cart but Life passes by and we need to go on working besides the need of making complex combinations because the brand of the product we want is neglective about communication.

For being an Uber Guru, you don't seem to have the necessary wisdom, experience or empathy to handle these kind of situations the right way.  Modelling Karma is gona chase your soul, man :))

Peace, brother in Variax.