Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Flyers_V88

Removing Line 6 Badge from SV MKII 212?

Recommended Posts

I unscrewed the bolts on the nameplate and took the Line 6 nameplate off, however, the plastic it's mounted on won't seem to come off? Is it glued to the tolex? I don't see any other screws on the front-end? 

 

Anyone know how to fully remove this place so the amp is just all tolex in the grill, without the plastic under the controls? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If recall, it's all part of the grille frame. I'll check further on that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, psarkissian said:

If recall, it's all part of the grille frame. I'll check further on that.

 

Thanks. Yeah, there's really not much info online. It's either glued on, or is park of the meshing.? Worst case, I could re-tolex the grill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confused regarding Tolex vs Grille cloth.

The logo on the Spider Valve series is screw into the grille cloth frame, no Tolex involved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, psarkissian said:

Confused regarding Tolex vs Grille cloth.

The logo on the Spider Valve series is screw into the grille cloth frame, no Tolex involved.

 

Sorry, yes, the grille cloth. I took the plate off the plastic. I want to now remove the plastic brace that sits on top, or is glued to the grille. Can't seem to figure that out. I don't want to rip it off either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a plastic label mount on a metal bracket, that mounts on the rim of the grille frame.

There are foam strips along the edge for good sealing when the frame is mounted. If those seal get damaged,

the grille frame will rattle. Best to leave it alone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, psarkissian said:

It's a plastic label mount on a metal bracket, that mounts on the rim of the grille frame.

There are foam strips along the edge for good sealing when the frame is mounted. If those seal get damaged,

the grille frame will rattle. Best to leave it alone.

 

Yeah, I was worried about potential noise. Only way to safely get rid of it is to re-cloth the entire grill I'm guessing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've pulled the grille and bracket on these, but you have to have the right tools

and the right experience.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, psarkissian said:

I've pulled the grille and bracket on these, but you have to have the right tools

and the right experience.

 

 

Yeah, I've looked into back, and I can see it's bolted on in various places. I could do it, but too much hassle lol. I'm gonna have the grill re-clothed to look more vintage at some point, I'll have the person take it off then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...