Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does the M9 work with DC?

totonotdead

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response! Have you tried it yourself? why would it say AC if it also worked with DC? Sounds really strange to me...

I have a 1700 9v DC power supply that will be more than enough, but to be honest I'm really scared to smoke the M9... Some people say it will work some say don't even try.

8 hours ago, totonotdead said:

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response! Have you tried it yourself? why would it say AC if it also worked with DC? Sounds really strange to me...

I have a 1700 9v DC power supply that will be more than enough, but to be honest I'm really scared to smoke the M9... Some people say it will work some say don't even try.

Yes, I've done it. I powered my M9 with a Strymon M9 for awhile before I ended up getting an HX Effects. There's a bridge rectifier right after the M9's power jack that converts AC to DC as soon as it hits the rectifier. So even though the official power supply is AC, the M9 actually runs on DC all the time.