Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 Valve replacement

Ratchet9868

Hello all, I bought a DT25 roughly 1 and 1/2 years ago and am really loving it, just got my hands on a POD HD500x and the interaction is great! Unfortunatly i think the valves need replacing as it has been humming and popping a whole bunch. How would i go about replacing them? I know a bit about it but would like a step by step to reffer to and any other advice would be great! Please don't tell me to goto a tech as i like to be able to do this kind of thing myself, just like changing strings.

Thanks!

Not like changing strings. These are not all analog valve amps from the 1960's and 70's.

There's a whole post valve change-out check list to do. Have it done by a Line 6 authorized service in your area.

They will use the specified valves.

1 hour ago, psarkissian said:

Not like changing strings. These are not all analog valve amps from the 1960's and 70's.

There's a whole post valve change-out check list to do. Have it done by a Line 6 authorized service in your area.

They will use the specified valves.

I understand it's far more complicated, but i would like to learn how. I also cant afford it right now and am worried about blowing my amp up. Anyway, is there any way i could learn? Can you point me in the right direction?

"Anyway, is there any way I could learn? " --- about valves in general, yes. These amps in particular, no. 

Too much proprietary stuff, so I can't get into that. 

Best bet is E&M Electronics in Milton Keynes near Oxfordshire as they are Line 6 authorized service in the area.

There is Mark Wright Music in Northampton, he was my opposite number Across The Pond back when Line 6 had

a location in Rugby. Good tech, knows his stuff.

55 minutes ago, psarkissian said:

"Anyway, is there any way I could learn? " --- about valves in general, yes. These amps in particular, no. 

Too much proprietary stuff, so I can't get into that. 

Best bet is E&M Electronics in Milton Keynes near Oxfordshire as they are Line 6 authorized service in the area.

There is Mark Wright Music in Northampton, he was my opposite number Across The Pond back when Line 6 had

a location in Rugby. Good tech, knows his stuff.

Okay well thank you. :) I will have to save for a while and play with only my POD or something. Going to miss the bark of this amp. Have a great day