Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Double take issue

Zelll

Not sure if this is even related to your problem or if it is by design, but I noticed that your split for your two cabs is before the amp.  Effectively you're only sending part your signal through the tube screamer and cab only, while the other part of your signal being routed through both, the tube screamer and amp to the other cab.  Try moving the split from before your amp to after your amp.  I used Native and Helix Floor to test this with, as I don't own a HX Stomp.

6 hours ago, lungho said:

Not sure if this is even related to your problem or if it is by design, but I noticed that your split for your two cabs is before the amp.  Effectively you're only sending part your signal through the tube screamer and cab only, while the other part of your signal being routed through both, the tube screamer and amp to the other cab.  Try moving the split from before your amp to after your amp.  I used Native and Helix Floor to test this with, as I don't own a HX Stomp.

Hi, Lungho!

It's funny, I didn't even noticed this:)

However it was just fast example of simple chain.

What is more interesting- how does this preset sound on your Helix?

Do you encounter the same issue with double take? Or does it sound completely similar to Native?

After giving this a more thorough listen with a pair of studio headphones, I could hear the phasing you were talking about.  Seems to be more noticeable through Floor as opposed to Native.  Why the difference is another whole can of worms.  I seemed to have more luck if I used a dual cab setup (one physical block) in stead of the two separate single cabs you have and also leaving the slop at default and choosing my source as stereo instead of mono.  

That being said, I don't own the pedal this is modeled after and not familiar with all of the options.  Sometimes it helps if you download the manual for the actual pedal and read through it.  

Sorry I couldn't be more help.  Perhaps someone else might chime in.

2 hours ago, lungho said:

After giving this a more thorough listen with a pair of studio headphones, I could hear the phasing you were talking about.  Seems to be more noticeable through Floor as opposed to Native.  Why the difference is another whole can of worms.  I seemed to have more luck if I used a dual cab setup (one physical block) in stead of the two separate single cabs you have and also leaving the slop at default and choosing my source as stereo instead of mono.  

That being said, I don't own the pedal this is modeled after and not familiar with all of the options.  Sometimes it helps if you download the manual for the actual pedal and read through it.  

Sorry I couldn't be more help.  Perhaps someone else might chime in.

Yeah, maybe i should try to contact line6 team..

Thank you for your reply and tests!

It was really helpful. And this detail about split point- I totally missed it!:)